Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's been a while...



It feels like it has been ages since I last posted. Most likely because so much has happened in my life. Mostly good stuff with a touch of bad here and there. A thought just popped into my mind about going to confessional. Wierd considering I'm not catholic. Anyway, mosing swiftly on, the last week and a half have been quiet eye opening and eventful.

Firstly, I began my new life in the "Big City", which in a way doesnt seem that big apart from the traffic. I began searching for a new place to stay, and wow was that an interesting couple days. It is amazing what people expect you to live in at an astronomical price. Luckily for me, I managed to find the perfect little bachelor flat, which I am proud to call my own. It's only a couple kilometers from my work and really close to two gyms.

I made a couple goals for this year. I prefer to call them goals, as resolutions generally tend to fall flat on their faces a couple weeks after the beginning of the year. The first and most difficult one is that I want to become more dedicated to gym and getting healthy. It's gonna be pretty hard, as I can get pretty lazy and I love to eat junk food. The second is that I want to ge things done when I say I will, the "small" town life had it's affect on my ability to get things done straight away. I realised that there isn't always gonna be a tomorrow, so I'm gonna make the best of today.

Relationships havent seemed to be my strong point so far in life. It's getting to a point where I'm starting to think that there is something wrong with me. I havent ended any of them on a sour note, I was always willing to forgive and accept differences and move on. Surely there will come a time when there wont be a need to end it or have to weigh up pros and cons of my relationships.

When I left work last year, they asked me what it was like being the only guy in an office of 14. I told them thats exactly what I had to do, is just 'be'. It may seem a strange concept, but I'm sure many understand where I'm coming from. In certain situations or environments, you get to a point where the push and pull of the people around you results in you just accepting things as they are and getting on with what you have to do.

This post seems a bit all over the place and I apologise for it. Think I'm still getting back into the swing fo things in my new environment. I kinda feel all over the place myself.

3 comments:

  1. Seems things are going well. Hope you will be happy in your new place. Does this mean you have a new job now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week with me in Las Vegas and I'll have all the kinks ironed out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah got a new job, start the 31st :) Johnny u crack me up lol!

    ReplyDelete