Monday, November 5, 2012

Just Be…

I was going to attempt my hand at writing a poem, but I’ve never really been any good at it. So I will write about what is on my mind instead.


I have been catching up on glee the past couple days. I only ever watched the first season and the first episode of the second season. For whatever reason, I just didn’t carry on. It sounds so trivial. Watching glee. The thing is however when you really pay attention to what is being said and how people react to situations, you are able to learn. Not only about how people interact, but also about yourself and how we understand our interactions with others.

If you watch glee, you’ll understand what I’m getting at. The one scene for example, where Brittany and Ardie break up can be seen from different viewpoints. I spoke to a friend about it and the only thing that she remembered about the scene is that Artie called her stupid. I’m not negating what he called her. But what he said before that was quite profound:
“… That there’s one other person in your life that can provide for you things that I’m supposed to provide, it’s just too much for me to take…”

Relationships and friendships aren’t meant to be complete and infinite. But the person you are sharing parts of your life with should make you feel complete and whole. A relationship should be a place where things are shared in an environment of love and warmth without judgment or fear of not being what you are supposed to be. A place where you can ‘just be’…. 


Wow… Almost at 100 posts... Better make the next couple good ones…

No comments:

Post a Comment