Saturday, August 18, 2012

Forgetting is the hard part...


I haven’t blogged for a while. When life seems to be the best it’s been in a while, one feels like it isn’t necessary to put things in writing to let the world know. You hope that people can see your happiness and share in it. Written words and actions are quite different…

I think that I blog not only to share what I feel with the world, but also to remind myself of what I’ve been through and how I felt. I’ve been judged before, for being so open and for the pictures that go along with the blog. I’m open, because people can learn from what I experience, not because I want to put in writing every detail of my life, but to give people the hope that things can change. Change isn’t a bad thing, it allows us to adapt and create the destiny through which we achieve what we are meant to and not what other people expect us to be. The pictures are because all men are visually stimulated and we appreciate beautiful things, nothing more.

People shouldn’t expect us to be good, to do the right thing and act a certain way. We should want to do these things out of our own free will, because we want to.

The past week has been an emotional roller coaster. Every conceivable emotion I have ever felt I experienced. I think sorrow was the most dominant. My heart felt like it was ripped from my chest. A friend described it pretty accurately, “It leaves you feeling like your gut has been ripped out and someone has stuck their arm up through your chest and punched your heart.”

A facebook friend posted this today and it pretty much sums up how I feel…
"Unless someone like you...cares a whole awful lot...nothing is going to get better...It's not." Dr. Suess

The Oxford English Dictionary defines forgiveness as 'to grant free pardon and to give up all claim on account of an offense or debt'. This I do freely, because I know there is a better person inside most people that they don’t always allow to show. Forgetting however, that’s the difficult thing to get right. When we see someone, hear about someone or even remember someone that has done us wrong, it reminds us of things that they have done. It’s weird though, when even though someone has torn your world apart, you can’t but help look at them and remember the good things they have brought into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment